Monday 10 November 2014

Piccante Steak & Chips

Yet again, a mouthwatering dish to tantalize your taste buds. This is the first time I've made this recipe and I was afraid it would take longer then expected. After a long hectic Monday I didn't want to spend hours in the kitchen. This recipe uses Raw Meat however, since the meat is sliced into tiny pieces, it cooked faster (within an hour) to my delight. Right on time for my Husbands appetite.



Have a look on how it's done.

Ingredients for the Marinade:
500 gms of Raw Meat (sliced and washed)
1 tbsp of vinegar (alternatively, you can put lemon juice)
1 tsp of Ginger & Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp of salt
4 - 5 tbsp of yogurt (if you don't have this, its okay. But if you do then this will soften the meat. Trust me it'll feel like heaven!)
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp Chili Powder
Around 1 tbsp of oil

Mix the above Marinade, and let is stay for around an hour or two, depending on how much time you have.

Heat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with foil, then pour this mixture and spread.

Let it cook. Midway you can turn the meat (when you see that the stock is now starting to reduce). Close the foil so that it doesn't burn the Marinade.

--

While the above is cooking, peel, slice and wash some potatoes. Since I was cooking for two, I used 1 KG of potatoes. Deep fry them. You should know this is ready once they are crispy enough.

--

Now, the final step is to mix the fries and the meat in a Piccante (an italian word known as "Spicy")

Ingredients:

Oil
2 tbsp Tomato Puree
Salt to Taste
1/2 Lemon
Paprika or Tandoori Powder
1 tsp of Turmeric Powder
1 tsp of Gharam Masala
1 tsp of chili powder (you can add more for more spice)

Optional: Some green chillies sliced to elevate the spiciness.

Steps:

Heat the oil in a pan, and add the rest of the ingredients. Let it cook for a few minutes on low heat stirring well so it does not burn. Then add in the Fried potatoes/fries & the cooked meat. Mix well by tossing it nicely until all is coated well.

If you try it, let me know how it goes :) Goodluck!

Credits:
> To my sister! She also pushes me to make a salaad with the food I make. So with the above, I made a simple Mayo DIP with Carrots. Get the exact recipe on my next post!
> To my husband, for helping with each and every step of this recipe, adjusting and tasting it as we went! You are the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment