Friday 20 June 2014

Asian-Style Pizza Sauce


Baking takes a lot of patience and if you want me to be honest ~ it isn't in my book. I can’t wait for hours to devour the baked goods (because I would rather eat them up then wait for them), and that’s why I hardly attempt to bake. But recently, I’ve started to bake quite much and one of my favorite dish is a recipe invented by my dear sister. A simple, but delicious pizza. My motivation for cooking could also be my new kitchen ;), with its amazing oven! (I'll try not to brag too much).. So less talking, more working - find the recipe below and if you try it - leave me a comment :)


Ingredients:

2 tbsp oil

1 tbsp Cumin Seeds (Jeero)
1 tsp Garlic Paste (Lasan)
1 tbsp Tomato Paste
1 tsp powered Red Chillies
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Harder)
1 Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Sugar
2 Green Chillies (cut into pieces)
1/2 Capsicum (cut into cubes) 
1/2 Shredded Carrot
1 tsp Tandoori Masala *preferably Shaan*
Shredded Chicken (preferably boiled)

Method:

Take a pan and heat up the oil. Once the oil is heated up add Cumin Seeds and Garlic Paste. Let them pop for about a minute then add up all the masalas (Tomato Paste, powdered Red Chillies, Salt, Turmeric Powder, Sugar, and Tandoori Masala) let this cook for a while, till the color darkens a bit.


Add to the above mixture Green Chillies, Capsicum and Carrot. Let it dry a little and put shredded chicken. Once the chicken is mixed well add Lemon Juice, mix one more time and get it off the heat. The reason for putting lemon juice at the complete end is to have its taste dominate.

And there you go, your pizza sauce is ready within a few minutes.

Wait up >> for the BEST pizza BASE ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment